It is currently operating at global standards with its 10 inpatient services, 4 inpatient intensive care units, 4 inpatient advanced intensive care units and 2 fully equipped operating theatres. Since its foundation in 2010, 600 open heart surgery and 500 peripheral cases were performed in the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery and it has a lower mortality rate compared to the global average.
Our clinic has successfully performed many firsts including the first artificial heart implementation, small incision valve surgeries, congenital heart surgeries and aneurysm surgeries performed openly.
Since its foundation, our clinic has performed numerous operations leading to ground breaking successes on the island, becoming as prominent as other cardiovascular surgery clinics all over the world.
Surgeries performed in our Department;
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: it is a bypass surgery performed on a working heart or by the use of heart–lung machine
- Valve diseases surgery:both mechanic and bioprosthesis valve change surgery via age-appropriate selected methods
- Mitral valve diseases surgery: requires extensive surgical experience (which surgeons in our department have) to repair or change mitral valves
- Adult Congenital Disease Surgeries:congenital heart anomaly surgeries which are performed with a small incision followed by a regular incision
- Aortic Aneurysm surgery:aneurysm (embolism) operations with endovascular stent technique via heart-lung machine
- Aortic Dissection Surgery
- Heart Deficiency Surgery and Ventricle Support Device Procedures: ventricle support device (artificial heart devices) operations on patients with advanced stage heart deficiency
- Carotid Artery Surgery; Surgeries for blocked intercarotids Varicose Surgery; surgeries for any type of Varicose
- Peripheral Artery Disease Surgery: stent treatment and surgery can be performed on patients, especially those with embolism in the leg vessels who cannot perform daily activities
- Fistula Operations for Chronic Kidney Disease Patients; Haemodialysis catheter and fistula operations for patients with kidney diseases who require dialysis
Globally recognised modern methods are used along with conventional methods in our clinic. Some of these methods are as follows.
- Valve fixing operations with minimal invasiveness (small incision method); Valve operations with small incisions used in limited centres around the world
- Surgery with minimal invasiveness (small incision method); Bypass operations via small incision for patients who are suitable
- Aneurysm Treatment with Endovascular Stent; Aneurysm (emboli) surgeries entering from an endovascular small incision for aneurysm patients with high open surgery rates (embolus=blood clot)
- Varicose Treatment via Radiofrequency and Laser Methods; all Varicose vein applications and modern treatments as well as laser and radiofrequency ablation techniques
As Near East University Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic:
Our Vision to be one of the most respected clinics that treats all cardiovascular diseases successfully.
Our Mission is to follow global innovations closely, to provide the necessary equipment for the procedures in our hospital, and to be a continually updating clinic that follows all scientific and technological developments.
|2. Floor||Eastern Block|
|Department of Polyclinics|
|Monday - Friday||8:00 - 17:00|