Thoracic Surgery is a department that deals with trauma and surgery related to the organs in the chest cavity except for the heart (ribs, lungs, pleura, mediastinum, diaphragm, oesophagus and other structures).
Main Procedures Provided by the Thoracic Surgery Department in Our Hospital;
- Biopsy: Closed (via needle) or open (surgery) biopsies (lung, lymph nodes or collecting pleural fluid samples
- Bronchoscopy: It is the procedure that enables the examination of all respiratory pathways via an illuminated tube without pain, taking samples from the airways if necessary, removing foreign bodies, clearing blocked airways with a stent, a cage or laser.
- Excessive Sweating Surgery: It is also known as Clip ETS surgery.
- Esophagoscopy: It involves thediagnosis and treatment of damage to the oesophagus from trauma, foreign bodies as well as both benign and malignant tumours.
- Mediastinoscopy, Mediastinotomy: The procedure of sampling a specimen from the lymph nodes through which the lung lymph fluid circulates, taken from a sleeping patient, for the purpose of diagnosing or staging foreign bodies, tumours, or cysts.
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopy Surgery (VATS) Procedures: All of the “Bloodless Lung Surgeries” that are performed with an Endoscopic (closed) method, illuminated tube and a camera system, 2-3 holes are cut open and the chest fluids are cleared, samples can be taken from the lungs and pleura, metastasis, cysts and air pockets, stripping of the pleura.
- In Deformities of the Rib Cage: Surgeries to fix deformities of the chest such as pigeon chest and pectus excavatum via the Nuss procedure, chest wall, ribs or muscle diseases, benign or malignant tumours, any kind of traumas to the rib cage, ribs, sternum, lung, heart, diaphragm accidents, impact, falling, blows, and damage caused by explosions, obtuse or sharp objects.
- Volume Reduction Surgery: Surgeries with the purpose of increasing the functionality and exercising capacity of patients with emphysematous, reducing dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing) and increasing the quality of life.
- Lung cancer: Surgeries aimed at diagnosing, staging and treating (removing the affected part of the lungs, resection)
- Open Or Closed Treatment Of Bullae Which Cause Ruptures In the Pleura Or Deflation Of the Lung’s Air Pockets: Surgeries for infectious diseases of the lung or sequelae treatments (bronchiectasis, tuberculosis, aspergillosis etc.) as well as congenital structural deformations of the lung (air cysts, emphysema, congenital cysts, bronchiectasis (irreversible enlargements which cause perpetual infections due to the upper respiratory diseases and bronchitis))
- Pulmonary Cysts (Hydatid Cysts): Diagnosis and treatment of simple microbial pleura infections (pleuritis), infection of lung fluid (empyema) and lung pleura tumours (benign and malignant).
- Surgical Treatment of Diaphragm Diseases: Diaphragm hernia, trauma etc.
|6. Floor||Western Block|
|Department of Polyclinics|
|Monday - Friday||8:00 - 17:00|